Monday, December 13, 2010

The Oppressed - 5 4 3 2 1 [EP] (1995)


Download via Megaupload


This 7” is not black metal, it’s not d-beat, it’s not really that noisy. I usually flip over this record when browsing my 7”s, but a couple weeks ago I threw it on for old times’ sake. I got this maybe 5 or 6 years ago when I was super into Oi. The main reason I got it was for the 4-Skins cover. I had only listened to it once and filed it away for years. What a mistake. This record fucking rips it hard. The first track is guaranteed to get you riled up and super rowdy. If you’re not singing along and feeling the urge to break shit, you should get your head examined and then shave it. You’ve never heard Evil done like this. The selling point for this was the Evil cover, but when I first listened to it I was surprised to find out it’s an A Cappella version done in an army chant call and response style. The last track is the perfect drinking song. I don’t even have anything more to say for that track. Just listen and raise a pint. “We’re the ‘ooligans! The ooligans!”


more pics after the break.




No comments:

Post a Comment